Internet Acceptable Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy specifies the actions prohibited by St Joe Wireless Services ("Midwest Mobile Radio Service") to users of the St Joe Wireless Network. St Joe Wireless reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting of the modified Policy to this URL: http://www.stjoewireless.com/Acceptable-Use-Policy.html
The St Joe Wireless Network may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
System and network security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. St Joe Wireless will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mailbombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "SPAM") is explicitly prohibited. INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A ST JOE WIRELESS CUSTOMER OR A CUSTOMER'S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER. Complaints regarding Illegal Use, System or Network Security issues, email abuse, or USENET abuse or SPAM should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright Policy & Claims
It is St. Joe Wireless's policy, in appropriate circumstances, to terminate the accounts of members [or users] who are repeat infringers or are repeatedly charged with infringement.
Repeat Infringer Policy
- On a first violation, the account is flagged internally. Notification is sent to the account holder, informing them of the violation. No additional action is taken.
- On a second violation, the account is again flagged, and then suspended for a 14 day period.
A second form letter is sent to the account holder, informing them of the violation, and the service suspension. Service will resume after suspension period.
- On a third violation, the account is suspended and scheduled for a disconnect. A third form letter, identical to the second, is sent to the account holder, informing them of the violation and our discontinuance in ability to be their Service Provider.
For any questions, concerns, comments regarding any copyright matter, contact: